|Supporting at Home|
Supporting Your Child with their Learning at Home
10 Top Tips!
1. Children need a quiet place to do their homework.
2. Keep pens, pencils, calculators, dictionaries and rulers handy!
3. Dip into a dictionary to check meanings and spellings.
4. Help them, but don’t do it for them! If you ask your child for explanations it will encourage then to think it through more
5. Regularly look through your child’s Day Book and sign it every week also look through their books and discuss their
progress for each subject.
6. Use everyday activities like going shopping to help them put their learning into practise.
7. Go out and about to visit a variety of places and enjoy learning together.
8. Watch out for tv programmes and dvds that have something to do with their studies.
9. Breakfast gives your child energy to learn.
10. Borrow educational books and dvds from the library and look out for educational games, these can often be enjoyed by
the whole family.