|Privacy & Cookie|
You can browse through the website without giving us any personal information about yourself. Our website does automatically collect web statistics about your visit to our site, it does not however collect any personal information. This statistical information helps us analyse data about web page traffic, popularity of downloads and helps us to improve our website.
However, if you email the school via the website, some of the information that you submit may be personally identifiable information (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your e-mail address). The information you submit will be kept confidential and with the highest standards of security once it reaches our server in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Thamesmead School recognises that your privacy is important to you and is committed to giving you a service that meets your needs in a way that also respects your online privacy. We will apply appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information you share with us.
Changes to the policy
You should check this page from time to time. Any changes which affect the way that we collect or use your personal information will be updated on this site. Please check this page for updates periodically, especially before you provide any personally identifiable information.
What is a cookie?
Cookies may be set by the site you are visiting ('first party cookies') or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing ('third party cookies').
Managing cookies on your device
When we provide services to you, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device (for example, computer or mobile phone). These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
• To ensure a persistent connection with the same web server.
• To collect statistics about your use of our website, measuring the number of visitors to our site. This information is used to improve the user experience on our website and ensure that there is enough capacity to provide a fast response.
• To stop you being asked to log on repeatedly during your visit.
Cookies set by: www.thamesmead.surrey.sch.uk
Third party cookies
Enabling or disabling cookies
• We recommend that you allow all cookies set by this site as they help us provide you with a better service.
• If you decide to disable our cookies then you may not be able to access certain parts of our website.
• Information about how to enable or disable cookies is available on the About Cookies website.
• Cookies used by thamesmead.surrey.sch.uk do not infringe on your privacy or threaten your computer's (device's) security.
Updated: 18 Mar 2013