Open Events 2020 – we are unable to hold a live open event this year but please check back here again for
- A webinar address by the Headteacher which will be recorded to access at any time
- A video tour of Thamesmead and the opportunity to meet some of our wonderful students
Message from Phil Reeves, Headteacher
The present situation means we are not able to hold our traditional open events to help students and parents get to know our popular and successful school. We recognise that there will no substitute to coming to see Thamesmead in person, but we aim to do our best to bring the school to you.
On a typical visit to Thamesmead you would see the following;
- A friendly and warm welcome for students, staff and visitors alike
- A calm school as you walk through the corridors and visit our lessons
- Well behaved, smartly dressed, and respectful students who enjoy coming to Thamesmead each day
- Focused classrooms with our professional staff teaching their specialist subjects
- A clear focus on developing our Thamesmead character values in our learners
We know that many of you with children in Year 6 took the opportunity to visit us last year, so you have hopefully been able to see this with your own eyes already.
School tours – We hope that you will understand we cannot offer tours of the school at present, in order to protect our student teaching bubbles.
Details of our admissions criteria for 2021 can be found here
Our School Prospectus details and 360 degree photos can be found here
Welcome from the Headteacher with our ethos and values