ALWAYS CHECK THE CAREERS CHANNEL ON TEAMS FOR MORE INFORMATION AND VACANCIES
NSPCC Make a change opportunity
The NSPCC has informed us about an unmissable opportunity if you are interested in making a change. The NSPCC are looking to recruit 15 young people aged between 13-16 to join their Young People’s Board for Change. Please find below the information on their website if you are interested in applying:
|Young People’s Board for Change | NSPCC
Take part in exciting new experiences and opportunities Meet other young people who also want to make a difference Get involved and make change happen at the NSPCC Most importantly…have lots of fun! Residentials are a really exciting opportunity to stay away from home in different parts of the UK …
If you would like any help or guidance in filling out the Application Form please see your House Leader, Head of Year or Form Tutor.
Good luck with your applications.
Here’s a round up of some of the most notable (virtual) work experience opportunities accepting applications over Christmas!
They can be completed at times that suit students and provide a certificate directly from the employer upon their completion (invaluable for CVs, cover letters, personal statements etc.)
Chartered Institute of Maketing – Marketing Virtual Work Experience February 2021 https://www.springpod.co.uk/marketing-virtual-work-experience/
Vodafone – Innovators Virtual Work Experience https://www.springpod.co.uk/vodafone-virtual-work-experience/
Law Virtual Work Experience https://www.springpod.co.uk/law-virtual-work-experience/
Teaching Virtual Work Experience https://www.springpod.co.uk/teaching-virtual-work-experience/
Nestlé – Employability Skills Programme https://www.springpod.co.uk/nestle-employability-skills-programme/
Finance Virtual Work Experience https://www.springpod.co.uk/finance-virtual-work-experience/
BT – Insight Day https://www.springpod.co.uk/bt-insight-day/
Journalism Virtual Work Experience https://www.springpod.co.uk/journalism-virtual-work-experience/
All of these opportunities are completely free to students – use any of the links above to create their free account and apply.
Amazing Apprenticeships Parent Pack
Surrey Heartlands Health and Care Partnership
Surrey Heartlands Health and Care Partnership are working with SpringPod to offer students virtual work experience programmes in February 2021, further details can be found below. It is important for anyone interested to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Virtual Work Experience Programmes
To support students across Surrey, we will be running three virtual work experience programmes which will take place in February 2021:
- Students in years 10 or 11 who live in Surrey and have predicted or actual GCSE grade 6 in Maths, English and Science are welcome to apply for the Allied Health Professions or Nursing Virtual Work Experience Programme.
- Students in Year 11 or 12 who live in Surrey and have predicted or actual GCSE grade 6 in Maths, English and Science are welcome to apply for the Medicine Work Experience Programme.
The programmes are spread over two weeks in February. There are around 10 hours of activity within each programme which you can fit around other obligations that you have. There are also live webinars and once they have taken place a recording will be available to watch. The programmes will allow students the opportunity to gain invaluable insights into roles and hear from inspirational speakers.
The dates for the programmes are below:
- The Medicine virtual work experience programme will run from 8 February 2021 to 19 of February 2021
- The Nursing and Allied Health Professions virtual work experience programmes will run from 15 February 2021 to 26 of February 2021
How to apply
Please follow the links here to apply for the relevant virtual work experience programmes:
- Click here to apply for the Medicine Virtual Work Experience
- Click here to apply for the Nursing Virtual Work Experience
- Click here to apply for the Allied Health Professions Virtual Work Experience
Follow the links for current apprenticeship vacancies
Parent Information Pack