How do we communicate with parents?
We know that working closely with parents is key to ensuring that your children make good progress and we endeavour to ensure that parents have access to all the information they need.
- Messages can be sent to/from tutors and teachers using staff school emails
- Progress information is available through the Parent Portal
- Students and parents can access work set through Show My Homework
- Information Evenings take place at the start of each academic year
- Parent Progress Meetings are held for each Year group, usually in the Spring Term
- The Headteacher holds ‘working tours’ of the school where parents can visit the school during a typical working day
- Thamesmead Talk, our school newsletter is sent weekly
- The school website contains up-to-date information
- Thamesmead Facebook page has news and information
School Gateway / School Comms
We send a majority of our communication to parents through the School Gateway system (otherwise known as School Comms), which you may have used at Primary School.
Information and urgent messages are sent by email or text. It is very important that you have an up-to-date email address and mobile telephone number registered with us.
Families without email or computer access should let us know this so that we can make arrangements to send paper copies of letters and reports to you.
Messages sent to you through this system can also be received via a School Comms app. This is free to download and means that the school and parents can communicate free of charge. We encourage all parents to download the app following the instructions below.
- Go to login.schoolgateway.com and download the APP.
- Select I’m a new user
- Enter your email address and the mobile number that is registered with the school
- Create your PIN; by selecting the Send PIN button
- Your 4 digit PIN number will be sent by text to your mobile phone
- You will be returned to the login screen for the School Gateway, where you need to enter your email address and the PIN number that was sent to you and select Login